Alkaline Quinoa Pancakes
Ingredients – serves 2:
– 2 cups of quinoa flakes
– 1 cup of homemade brazil nut milk
– 3-4 small bananas, depending how big they are
– 2 tablespoons agave
– Avocado oil – amount depends on how good your pan is
– Caramelised banana
– Heated blueberries
– Crushed walnuts
– Sweet tahini sauce (tahini and agave mixed together)
1. Blend the quinoa flakes to make quinoa flour, then add the bananas and the milk in with the flour and blend to make the pancake batter.
2 Heat the oil in a pan until hot and turn to a medium heat.
3. Pour in the pancake batter a bit at a time. Amount dependant on how big you want your pancakes.
4. Using a spatula regularly nudge the side of the pancake whilst cooking making sure it doesn’t stick.
5. When one side is cooked, flip it and cook the other side. Do this for all pancakes. You will need to add more oil as you go.
6. For the toppings, I fried the banana in oil so that it caramelised, heated the blueberries in a pan on a medium heat until the juices released.
7. The rest of the toppings I just added as they are.
Go check out the amazing Emma Sherman over at @fedbyplants_